Awards and Recognition
- 2021 - 2022 Google Faculty Award Machine Learning
- 2020 Robot Design Competition, Software Innovation (Team Leader)
- 2019 - 2020 Google Faculty Award Machine Learning
- 2019 Australiasian Distinguished Artificial Intelligence Research Contribution Award
- 2019 - 2022 RoboCup Social Robotics @Home World Champion (Team Leader)
- 2017 #16 on 365 International Women in STEM
- 2017 Distinguished Professor, University of Technology Sydney
- 2016 PhD Supervisor Award, University of Technology Sydney
- 2016 Meet 6 impressive Aussie women scientists, International Day of Women and Girls in Science. Compiled by SBS, 2016
- 2015 PhD Supervisor Award, University of Technology Sydney
- 2015 Fellow, Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE)
- 2014 Fellow, Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- 2013 Top 25 Women in Robotics: "The women on this list are all field leaders with a
- huge impact on robotics, regardless of their gender"
- 2008 Pauli Fellowship, Wolfgang Pauli Institute, Center of Excellence in Mathematics, Physics and Informatics/Computer Science, Austrian Ministry of Science and Research, Vienna
- 2007 IBM Faculty Award a highly prestigious award; only Australian recipient in 2007
- 2006 - 2008 University of Edinburgh Law School LL.M Award
- 1996 Commonwealth Fellowship, Australian Academy of Science
- 1996 British Council Fellowship
- 1995 Australasian Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation Award Computing Science Association now CORE
ACM Awards Committee
ACM Eugene L. Lawler Award Committee for Humanitarian Contributions within Computer Science and Informatics.
Non-Executive Director KR Inc
KR Inc is a US-based Scientific Foundation.
Served on more than 100 program committee and best paper judging panels including IJCAI, ECAI, AAAI, HRI, Social Robotics, JELIA.
ATSE Fellows Committee
Australian Academy of Science and Technology
ACS Fellows Committee
serving on the ACS Fellows Committee
The Magic Lab
Australia's leading Social Robotics Lab in the Centre of Artificial Intelligence at UTS.
Director, Disruptive Innovation
in the Office of the Provost and Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor
Associate Dean Research UTS 2010 - 2014
Visiting Professor, Copenhagen Business School, 2005 - 2006
At the University of Newcastle, 1990 - 2002 I was Head of Information Systems; Assistant Dean Teaching and Learning in the Faculty of Busienss and Law; Assistant Dean Research in the Faculty of Business and Law.
Mathematics, Information and Computing Sciences, ERA, Australian Research Council 2011-2013
Australian Research Council,
2009 - 2010
Chairperson, Program Chair and Rep at Large for Knowledge and Innovation in the Strategic Management Society.
Visiting Professor, Artificial Intelligence Lab, Computer Science, Stanford University. 2009 - 2010 and 2018
Editorial Board Artificial Intelligence Journal
The leading journal in AI
2007 - 2016.
College of Experts, Mathematics, Information and Computing Sciences, Australian Research Council, 2006 - 2009
Before taking up a position at the University of Newcastle I worked at Kent State University, the University of Sydney and MLC Insurance.
Explainable AI, Belief revision, knowledge representation, reasoning, decision making, machine learning and predictive data analytics
SOCIAL ROBOTICS and
Social robots are a disruptive innovation that will have a profound impact on society and will transform the global economy.
Human-robot interaction must be legal, safe and enjoyable.
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Innovation requires insight, fearlessness, grit and resilience.
- Harvard Cybersecurity Program, Harvard University 2017.
- Oxford FinTech Program, University of Oxford, 2017
- Company Directors Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors from 2016.
- Stanford University Innovation Fellow Design Thinking Studio, Stanford University, 2017
- Stanford Executive Program, Stanford University 2014
- Master of Laws, LL.M., Innovation, Law and Technology, University of Edinburgh, 2008
- Senior Certified Professional, Finance and Treasury Association (FTA), from 2006
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence, University of Sydney
- 1995 - Best Dissertation Award from the Computer Science Association, now CORE.
- Thesis Title: Transmutations of Knowledge Systems
- Master of Science (by Research) 1991
- Thesis Title: Dynamics of Nonmonotonic Reasoning
- Grad Dip Computing Science 1985
- Thesis Title: Information Visualisation
- BSc in Mathematics and Chemistry 1983
Design Thinking Workshops
Leadership in Innovation
CBA Design Thinking
Talk on Social Robotics to several Design Thinking Bootcamps at CBA to inspire creativity.
ROBOT HACKS AT UTS
Interviews and Commentary
Robots will fundamentally and profoundly change business and society.
Other media conversations.
soon to be listed here....