Innovation and Entrepreneurship
I founded and continue to lead the Innovation and Enterprise Research Lab in 2002. It is also known as the Magic Lab. The lab is a pioneer and a leader conducting transdisciplinary research into strategic and disruptive innovations that will transform society in the coming decade. We are currently focused on understanding the entrepreneurial mindset and creating innovative practical frameworks for decision making, socially-aware technologies like robots, smart buildings and cities that delight; analytics-enabled organisations; intelligent and predictive software for the Internet of All Things.
The Magic Lab can help you learn about strategic innovation and make a difference to your enterprises - your new ventures, your life and your business. We can help transform organisations, cultures and behaviours.
We can help you:
- generate insights about customers, competitors, and costs that will allow you to develop innovative and cost-effective products and services, and to design innovation strategies to transform your business,
- design robust intelligent systems that can make smart decisions and work with people,
- create insights and make predictions using data analytics and artificial intelligence to transform your organisation and create innovative products or services, and
- transform your life by working with you towards launching a start-up, or gaining a PhD in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology.
Our core expertise enables the generation and discovery of insights that can inform decision making and action under uncertainty and risk.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Strategic Innovation and Digital Transformation
- Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
- Design Thinking and Business Strategy
- Privacy Law and Intellectual Property Law
- Disruptive Technologies: Autonomous Robots, Social Robots, Human-Robot Interaction, Intelligent Connected Cars, Mobile Technologies, The Internet of All Things, Advanced Data Analytics.
We are enthusiastic about applying our research to real problems and challenges. Success for us is measured by the impact we have helping you solve your problem, become more competitive or seize a new opportunity. If your organisation would benefit from innovative thinking about how technology can be used to gain competitive advantage and create new opportunity, please get in touch at contact us.
My team are passionate about helping to develop leaders of disruptive innovation and digitial transformation. We are looking for curious and creative, passionate and persistent students and partners. If you think this might be you, please reach out and join us..
- Design Thinking
- Tools for Taking Action Stanford d.school
- Online Design Thinking Courses
- Stanford d.school
- Coursera Strategic Innovation
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Harvard Business School
- MIT Sloan Business School
- UTS Business School Entrepreneurship
- UTS Hatchery
- UTS MBAe